Saturday, February 2, 2013

2.6 Slumber Parties and Tricks Without Treating

Welcome back all to this, what will be the final chapter of Generation Two, The (Yellow) Journalist! After this we'll have our Gen Three, The (Orange) Explorer heir vote! So start deciding who your favorite triplet is--if you haven't already.  ;-)

We start this installment where we left off last time. Apricot skipped school (after being abducted and 'probed by hairless frog people' the night before). After escaping Dad-Aggro, Apricot hopped herself into a cab. Where are you off to, little missy?



APRICOT - Daddy wanted me to go to school. So here I am. 

... you're going to prank the school, aren't you.

APRICOT - You betcha.

She TP'd the principal's office and, no doubt thanks to her Rebellious trait, succeeded and managed to escape without getting caught afterward.



Since she also had a wish to stay out after curfew, I sent her to the Festival Park afterward. Apricot felt her first order of business would be to play with fireworks. Because nothing could ever go wrong with that scenario.

APRICOT - Ehehehe, fire . . .

You don't have the Pyromaniac trait, missy. Nice try though.



Then she somewhat ruined her bad@ss rep by trying to catch fire-flies.



APRICOT - I can catch fire-flies if I want to! *pout* I refuse to conform to your stereotypes!

Are you sure about that? Because you didn't actually catch anything, there . . .

APRICOT - >:(

She was also annoyed by the fact that her Uncle Jackie kept trying to entice her into a hot-dog eating contest. NO!! I will not have my sims die of a burst stomach! O_o



She enjoyed herself a rainbow snow cone instead. Then, successfully staying out past 11pm and not wanting to flirt with the Curfew Police any farther, Apricot hurried on home with no one the wiser to her evening adventure.



Meanwhile Monarch was enjoying a plate of his favorite, Stir Fry, and Pumpkin was busy writing a love letter to Mitch. I love this function, but I don't think it's working properly for me. The responses become stuck in the mailbox and I forever have mail to pick up, but when my sims try they just reset. -_-*



Dakota is moving right along in the military career branch, unlike his bad luck in the sports job. He's also a sim that looks good in uniform. ^_~ Bumble Bee is a fan.



Speaking of Bumble Bee's epic-ness, she managed to earn another 45k LTHP so I was able to purchase ANOTHER Motive Mobile. Suck it, game. -_-



Apparently our maid is secretly a zombie. She likes to stand in one place, stare into space and eat frozen brains. I'd say the evidence is pretty damning.

Also, I have another interesting glitch/problem that I wonder if anyone else experiences. Sims not in the household take FOREVER to come inside. My maid will arrive at 10 and not actually come inside to do anything until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Visitors do the same thing. Anyone else get this?



APRICOT - Hey peeps! We're throwing a slumber party at our house, so be there or be triangle!

Isn't that supposed to be, 'be there or be square?'

APRICOT - I WILL NOT CONFORM!

MONARCH - Excellent! A party, and my Zander is invited! We will put on our PJs and plot and play rockets  . . .

DAKOTA - . . . wat?

PUMPKIN - Just let him go, dad. He's a mutant, we're pretty sure of it.



A few hours later and the other teens had arrived. This slumber party was being thrown in an attempt to secure Go Steady status with our spouses, since my Prom got borked. Mitchel Ferguson--Pumpkin's beau--is in attendance, day-dreaming about music apparently. Next to him is April Miller, Apricot's dream-girl. And the other . . . is Mitch's sister Jean. You'll notice there is a distinct absence to the guest list . . .



MONARCH - Zander, where are you? Apricot has the Legendary Host LTR, that means you have to show up!

ZANDER - Yeah, sorry babe. I just don't feel like coming over. You know how it is. Catch ya later! *click*

MONARCH - . . . oh no he did not just hang up on me.

JEAN - You can cry on my shoulder, Monarch. I won't mind. :D

Sorry sweetie, Monarch doesn't swing that way. She was actually my choice of spouse for him, if he'd been into girls. But alas, no. And Zander was really starting to tick me off. Monarch would try to call him to chat, he'd be 'too busy.' He'd try to invite him over, he'd say sure and then two seconds later call back and say nevermind. Monarch--and the simmer--do not appreciate a tease. -_-



It was here that I realized sometimes my game knows better than me.

From the time Monarch hit his teenaged years he got called at least once a day from Zander's older brother Norris, asking him out on a date. Norris sent him more than one love letter without provocation. And when Zander refused to show up to Apricot's slumber party, Norris was right there. So eager he even put on a suit.

... How could we say no to that?



Ignoring her brother's drama, Apricot got started with continuing to woo April. It was met with success.




Pumpkin as well had a lot of fun schmoozing up her intended boyfriend, and Mitch was very receptive to the attention.



NORRIS - I *pant* ran over here *wheeze* as fast as I could, Monarch. I'm so *pant-cough* happy you invited me! - *OMG he's so dreamy!!!*

MONARCH - Yeah, thanks for coming Norris. But, um . . . it's supposed to be a slumber party. That means you wear pajamas, not a three-piece-suit.



NORRIS - Okay! *quick change* How's this?!

MONARCH - . . . we're getting warmer.



I think Monarch is catching on to the fact that Norris seems to worship the ground he walks on. And this pleases his little evil-overlord heart.

Also, I see where those eyes are wandering, Norris. XD Though I can't blame him, they ARE rainbow-striped. Kind of draws the eye.



MONARCH - So I can't help but get the feeling that you might . . . have feelings for me, Norris. Of a romantic nature . . .

NORRIS - Um, yes. Maybe the daily phone-calls and love letters were too subtle?



MONARCH - It would not be out of the realm of possibility that you'd want to, say, kiss me then?

NORRIS - Ohmygosh, I would die a happy man . . . .



MONARCH - Well then.  *kissies*



MONARCH - But don't go dying anytime soon, though. Because I have plans for you and me, Norris Riffin.

NORRIS - ILU!!! <3

MONARCH - I know.

Norris has just become Monarch's minion-for-life. For realzies. Lolol. I kid you not, the attraction meter listed Monarch and Zander as a 7/10 match. Norris and Monarch? 10/10. My game knows better than me. And Norris is ADORABLE. He may not have the pink eyes, but I think he's actually much cuter in the face.

But speaking of Zander . . . *Monarch develops the Naughty Reputation* Oopsie. Oh well, we'll deal with that later. Monarch is too high on teen hormones to care that he's double-dipping a pair of brothers.



Not long after that they all got sent to bed. The guests crashed in sleeping bags in the kitchen/living-room while the triplets sojourned into their bedroom for the night. The next morning it was saturday, so they were able to work more on their relationships without pesky school getting in the way.

PUMPKIN - Mitch, you want to go out with me right? Be my official boyfriend?

MITCH - Do I?! . . . Yes, that would be a yes. Yes I do.

PUMPKIN - You're so cute when you quote Freakazoid.



Meanwhile Apricot was managing to secure her first kiss with her crush April.



ORIOLE - Hahahahah! My granddaughter just kissed a girl!

APRIL - Um . . . your grandmother is laughing at me?

APRICOT - Yeah, I'm sorry, please ignore that. She's completely senile.  I swear if I win heirship we'll send her into an old folks home, pleasedon'tleaveme.

Well, I'll agree that was rather unnecessary on Oriole's part but we won't be sending her away. Luckily April didn't take much offense to it.



When Apricot offered Go-Steady status, April was happy to accept. Two down, one to go!



For some reason Norris didn't go to bed with the rest, so Monarch had to zap him with the motive manager to keep him from passing out mid-romance-spam-que.

NORRIS - I'm really kind of tired, Monarch . . .

MONARCH - Nu! I want kissies nao! *zap*



And Norris will discover that what Monarch wants, Monarch gets. XD After several minutes of this, Norris was more than happy to agree to be Monarch's official boyfriend.



Mama Bee has been a busy one, hard at work on her computer. This image was taken to commemorate the fact that she's maxed her Writing skill and thus completed her Lifetime Wish of Illustrious Author! Yay!

. . . and despite appearances, she really does know how to turn on a computer.



Bee still needs to hit the top of her Journalism career, as well as finish 10 stories. I believe we're at about 4 or 5 at this point. Thus our yellow heiress gets sent next door to rummage through the neighbors' trash can.

BEE - So. Gross.



I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do with the triplets the next day, which was Sunday in-game. Then I remembered that exploring tombs requires some athletic skill, so they all got banished to the work-out room to start training. Despite their grandmother and father's abilities, the triplets are not natural athletic sims. And it shows. Oh, does it show.

APRICOT - I think I just broke my butt-bone. D:<



PUMPKIN - Too fast! It's going toofastohmygodI'mgonnadieeeeeeeee!

It was on the slowest setting.



MONARCH - I think I just heard something pop. Something that's not supposed to pop. Please. Halp.



Dakota has been going around upgrading everything in the house that can be upgraded, for promotions at work. He subscribes to the handiness school of thinking that says, 'Bang it with a hammer til it sparkles.'



The next day was a heavy rainfall, with lightning and thunder and the whole shebang. And of course Apricot rolls the wish to splash in some puddles. Oh lord. *puts a death flower in her inventory*

It was a pretty cute interaction to watch, ignoring the potential for sim death. And Apricot had a fun time.



Inside, Monarch was preparing for some truly evil goings-on. What could that be?



Well we finally managed to lure Zander over to the house . . . .



Heavy rain storm . . . appropriate break-up atmosphere is appropriate.

MONARCH - Sooo . . . it's like this. I've decided that I like your older brother Norris way more than you, so . . . I think we should just be friends from now on, kay?



ZANDER - What?! Are you kidding me?! You want to break up with me for my brother?! How evil can you be?!

MONARCH - Quite evil actually, but that's not the point! I called you and called you and you never wanted to talk or come over or do anything with me! 

ZANDER - Did it ever occur to you that I might be busy?!



MONARCH - I'm a future legacy heir (no modesty), I don't have time to deal with 'too busy.' Norris is there for me, you aren't. So that's that.

ZANDER - I guess we don't have anything else to say then.

MONARCH - I guess not. See ya.

And then Zander left, before Monarch could manage to insult or argue with him further. He'd just have to get out his pent-up anger and frustration in other ways . . . .



MONARCH - Oh Norris, how I love thee (more than your brother). Let me count the ways . . . .

You're writing a love letter to Zander's brother just to spite him aren't you.

MONARCH - Yep!

Evil sims in love. What can you do?



Apricot and Pumpkin both had wishes locked in to learn how to drive. Apricot decides to ask her grandmother for help. Despite being overly humored by Apricot's relationship with another girl, Oriole consented.



Pumpkin went to ask her mother instead, and of course Bee was more than happy to oblige. They each took a motive mobile and headed out into town to earn those three skill points with maxed motives. Motive Mobiles are bawse.



Since there were only two vehicles and Monarch didn't care to learn to drive right now anyways, he settled himself in front of his new laptop and played video games instead. I offer the following montage, Monarch's Many Faces of Win.







Back home, Oriole finally got the ice cream machine to work again. Although it seems to immediately make the counter filthy and a few minutes later the machine itself is disgusting. Is that a glitch, or working as intended?



The next day Apricot totally skipped school all on her own. I know I sent her to school in the morning, and she waited until there was no one in the house (parents at work, grandmother on errands) to sneak back home. You delinquent you!

APRICOT - Please, flattery will get you everywhere.



Oriole's errand consisted of buying out the Business/Journalism rabbit-hole. So along with Spectrum Grocer the family now owns Spectrum Corporate Towers as well.



Oriole was the first one home, so got elected to be the one to lay into Apricot for her truancy.



And then this. Apricot! Spraying your elderly grandma with the sink?!

APRICOT - I have no idea what you're talking about. Pics or it didn't happen.

Your Prank and Fight the Power moodlets call you a liar.



Every once in a while I spare Bee from having to go out and dig in garbage for her stories and invite a friend over to interview. But the garbage is so much easier and faster. She's got more than one townie who's not a fan of the negative stories she's been running, though.



Fall has come to Appaloosa plains, as shown by Doritos and Sea Biscuit. Unfortunately our lake is too small for skating.



......

Your eyes do not deceive you. This is, in fact, a VISITING alien on the Spectrum's lot. Even though they've done nothing to encourage it. *fume*

He may or may not have been MC'd into the family and then saved to my sim bin for later uses in another save file. *shifty eyes*



PUMPKIN - Okay! I did it! It should spray out bright yellow hair-dye now! This . . . this is how you prank people, right? Oh cheezus, I'm so out of my element here.

Pumpkin woke up with a teen mood-swing and decided to booby-trap the shower. She's not quite sure how to go about it though. Her sister and brother are the delinquents of the family. Pumpkin is the good child.



GARFIELD - The majestic hunter spotz his hapless prey . . .



GARFIELD - He crouchez, preparing for the awesome attack . . .



GARFIELD - POUNCE!



GARFIELD - The powerful predator iz successful.



GARFIELD - But do not fret, poor little mousey. The game waz over before it truly began. For I . . . am the greatest hunter . . . in the worldz!

Yeah, the kitty has been working on his hunting skills. He talks a lot of game to the catnip mouse, but when he hunts for real he almost always ends up with a piece of junk, lolol.



The Spectrum children are home from school, and someone decided to follow Monarch home that afternoon.



MONARCH - . . . you seriously followed me all the way home? Now you suddenly remember where I live, now that I'm dating your brother? Can we say desperate?

ZANDER - Stop being a douche and open the door, Monarch! It's cold out here!



Monarch did let Zander inside eventually, but he also immediately got on the phone and invited someone else over as well. 

Norris may not have the pink eyes of his brother, but his are a very pretty pale blue. And he really, really likes him some Monarch.



ZANDER - . . . they're flirting behind me aren't they?



ZANDER - *sigh* 

Sorry buddy. You were the one who never wanted to answer his phone-calls or come over to the house. Monarch doesn't play that hard-to-get game. That's his job.



And then Zander showed his true colors, declaring them gross before he took his leave. Good riddance, Zander. Your brother's way cuter anyway. XD



What is this? Why, this is Bumble Bee striking a pose after becoming a Star News Anchor! That's right, she's now at the top of the Journalism career, woo!



On Spooky Day, the triplets decide they're going to try out this whole Trick-or-Treating thing. Pumpkin decided to go as a Princess, unsurprisingly.



APRICOT - . . . I hate you.

Apricot is supposed to be a Tiger. Hey, at least I didn't pick the Bunny!



Monarch has decided to go as a skeleton, which ended up being kinda lame. I kinda wish I'd gone with my first instinct, which was a Cowplant, lolz. But no time for that (especially because it literally took them 3 in-game hours to change into their costumes and we're running out of time), it's time for CANDY!



PUMPKIN - Woo!! We're gonna trick or treat this place SO HARD!

APRICOT - You have no idea what you're doing, do you?

MONARCH - Probably not.

PUMPKIN - Of course I know what to do! You ring the door bell and get candy! Duh.

Unfortunately nobody would answer the doorbell, not for 3 straight houses. They--and I--quickly grew bored with that nonsense.



So Monarch and Apricot decided to egg the next house in retaliation. Except poor Monarch busted the egg in his hand instead.

MONARCH - Eww! Ew, ew, ew, GROSS!

APRICOT - Pfft, amateur. Let me show you how it's done.



So they proceeded to egg the crap out of the house, while another teen girl dressed as a bunny tried to properly trick-or-treat. And of course, there was somebody home at this house. Oh well, the two of them high-tailed it home soon after. I'd lost track of Pumpkin, and clicked on her only to find . . . .



That 'someone' had finally come home and let her inside his house rather than trick or treat. 

CREEPER - Teenage boobies! (He'd seriously just got done trying to 'Compliment Appearance' and Pumpkin rejected it).

PUMPKIN - Um . . . I think I'll just be going home now . . . .

STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER! Run home Pumpkin! SAVE YOURSELF before he tells you to get the lotion and put it on your skin or something, WTF!!!



Alabaster!!! I love how he's trying to play with Monarch's computer, but his face is all, 'wat? Wat is this newfangled nonsense?'



And so, the end of Generation Two, The (Yellow) Journalist comes upon us. Bumble Bee has been quite a successful heiress, managing to complete all but one of her generational goals. Way to go, Bee! I think she's earned some sexytimez reward, which Dakota is more than happy to supply.



DORITOS - Look, ho! Sea Biscuit, the next generation is upon us!

That it is, but first! The heir poll!! Stay tuned, that's coming up next!



But before we get to that, a quick spares update. Spongebob's eldest son Squidward has become a child.



And he and Talia had a second son, whom they named Krabby! Not sure where he got the brown hair--since Talia has black--but he's super cute nonetheless.



That's it for this installment and Generation Two! Keep a look out for the heir poll and, as always, happy simming!

_____________________________


Generation Completion List - ( [X] indicates completed, strike-through indicates failure).

GENERATION 1 - The Farmer
  • Master the Gardening Skill [X]
  • Master the Fishing Skill
  • Max the Gardening Profession
  • No woohoo before marriage [X]
  • Grow one of every type of plant (Including meat, cheese and Omni) [X]
  • Complete LTW (Perfect Garden) [X]
  • Have at least one child of each gender [X]
  • Marry someone with the Loves the Outdoors and/or Green Thumb traits 
FINAL TALLY - 5/8


GENERATION 2 - The Journalist
  • Get married, woohoo, have kid(s) [X]
  • Max the Writing Skill [X]
  • Reach level 10 in the Journalism Career [X]
  • Partner into a business [X]
  • Write over 10 stories/reviews [X]
  • Complete LTW (Illustrative Author) [X]
  • Marry someone work related 
  • Buy an Ant Farm [X] 

FINAL TALLY - 7/8


PREVIOUS                                                          NEXT

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! The whole Zander-Monarch-Norris triangle...I love it! I have to agree, I actually love Norris compared to Zander now. I still approve :D


    Also OMG at Pumpkin's 'stranger danger' moment...omg that had me laughing sooo hard.


    Bumble Bee rocked the heiress world...she did awesome! Great update :D I'm excited to see where Gen 3 goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, Norris really surprised me but in a good way. He was CONSTANTLY calling for/wanting Monarch so I finally let him have his way. And I couldn't BELIEVE how creepy that guy was being with Pumpkin!! O_o I really was concerned, like, GTFO before he locks you in the basement! Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete