Sunday, February 10, 2013

3.1 Two Weddings and a Move-In

Hello everybody and welcome to the first chapter of Generation Three! We still have a couple days before the triplets' birthday, so for now life continues ever onward in the Spectrum home.

Um . . . Dakota? I'm not sure it's necessary for you to be IN the sink for you to upgrade it . . . ?

Bumble Bee just wants pie. Nothing else blips on her radar atm.



It's sad that I totally forgot Pumpkin was Eccentric--and thus interested and capable of learning the Inventing skill--until the last two days of her playability. And then as soon as I put a work bench outside and sent her to use it, it started to rain. -_- So I had to build an emergency overhang to keep her from getting soaked. Still, that at least gives her something to do while we wait for birthdays.



Our future heir gets sent to the gym to continue building his athletic skill in anticipation of tomb-delving. He's still . . . struggling . . . somewhat with it, but coming right along. Unfortunately Apricot did absolutely nothing interesting over the two-day span, so I have no shots of her. <--fail



Pumpkin managed to invent a few little trinkets. And . . . you know . . . set her butt on fire.



That is what emergency outdoor showers are for, of course. She managed to avoid a fiery death, thankfully.



And then at last, it was birthday time for the triplets. All three managed to get a spot in the kitchen this time and simultaneously blew out their candles, while grandma and parents look on.



I give you Young Adult Pumpkin Spectrum! I admit she came out QUITE pretty, she would've made a great heiress. Since she's not the heir, however, I rolled her final trait and it came up Family Oriented. Her LTW is to be Surrounded By Family.

So yay, hopefully lots of spare babies are in store!



And next up is Young Adult Apricot Spectrum! She looks a lot like grandma Oriole, save for her father's eye-shape--which ALL the kids inherited, I now realize. Being the delinquent she is, Apricot only had a C in school so her final trait was locked in, Flirty. Her LTW is to become a Heartbreaker

Uh oh . . . hopefully April will be able to weather the coming storm?



And finally, our Gen 3 heir himself, Young Adult Monarch Spectrum! He came out VERY handsome, as I hoped. He takes a lot after Dakota, though I think his mouth is Alabaster's, which fills me with glee. I chose his final trait to be Photographer's Eye, and his LTW will be to become a Seasoned Traveler.



Now fully grown, our first order of business is to get our spares paired up and moved out into their Story Progression freedom. That being said, be prepared for lots of flirting/romantic/engagement/wedding spam. :P

Being the eldest, Pumpkin is up first. All three spouse-hopefuls are older than the triplets by a couple days, so Mitchel is already a Young Adult and ready to be wooed.



And Pumpkin was more than ready to do the wooing.



PUMPKIN - I'm so glad you came over to see me, Mitch. I missed you these past few days.



MITCH - I missed you too, babe. But I was already an adult and you were still a teen, and as much as I love you that would've been slightly creepy.

PUMPKIN - Yeah, you're right. I was just worried you might find some other girl your own age in the meantime.

MITCH - That'd never happen, Pumpkin. You're the only girl for me, forever and always.



PUMPKIN - I'm really glad to hear you say that, because I have a question to ask you.



PUMPKIN - Mitchel Ferguson, will you marry me?

MITCH - WUT.



PUMPKIN - Um, is that a yes or a no?

MITCH - Oh! Yes! Of course, yes! I'd love to marry you Pumpkin!



PUMPKIN - Of course I figured that would be your answer. I mean, take a look at the size of this rock, amirite?

GARFIELD - *photo-bomb*



MITCH - ILU!! <3

PUMPKIN - ILU 2!! <3



The actual wedding ceremony was conducted right afterward. In their everyday clothes, in the walk-way, like any respectable legacy.



The place and the wardrobe didn't really matter, of course. They were in love and together, and that was the most important thing.



MITCH - My wife is AWESOME.

PUMPKIN - Yep, I sure am. And I also don't live here anymore, so let's GTFO, Mitchel. Greener pastures await!

Pumpkin was promptly moved in with Mitchel in their own house. As of press time, Mr. and Mrs. Pumpkin Spectrum are already pregnant and expecting their first bundle of joy. ^_^



In the midst of all of this, I decided to sign Oriole up for the Culinary career. She already has maxed cooking skill and Plumbob knows when she'll finally kick the bucket after Garfield saved her from Grim. Probably not long enough to become a 5-Star Chef and get the uuber fridge, but there's no harm in trying.



Now that Pumpkin is taken care of, it's Apricot's turn. Her girlfriend, April Miller, was summoned to the house. I can't believe she's wearing a brown sweater, pearls and black snake-skin pants but I was just too lazy to give her a make-over. <--fail



Apricot didn't waste any time reconnecting with her girl.



APRICOT - She's so hawt. I did goooooood.



APRICOT - April love, I have a present for you!

APRIL - You better not toss a water balloon in my face.

APRICOT - That doesn't sound like something I'd do . . .

APRIL - Your Rebellious trait calls you a liar.



APRICOT - It's not a water balloon, I got you FLOWERS!

APRIL - OMP, they're beautiful!

APRICOT - Not nearly as beautiful as you.

APRIL - Aww.



Then Apricot put her new Flirty trait to good use by giving April an Amazing Massage. From that expression I think it's safe to assume that April enjoyed the attention.

BEE - *photo-bomb*


APRICOT - Alright sweetie, I have something really important I want to ask.

APRIL - There better not be a pillow in my face at the end of this question.

APRICOT - . . . I'm really starting to wonder where you've gotten all these crazy ideas about me.



APRICOT - I'm not going to hit you in the the face with a pillow, April . . . .



APRICOT - I'm going to ask you to marry me.

APRIL - HOLY PLUMBOBS!



APRIL - OMP, it's so shiny!

APRICOT - It better be, it cost a friggin fortune.

APRIL - You didn't steal it did you?

APRICOT - I'm Rebellious, love. Not a Kleptomaniac. Which means my grandma stole it, not me.



APRICOT - So the way I see it, we're about to move out together anyways. No need to wait, let's get married right now!

APRIL - Sure, that sounds like a plan to me!



And so, the wedding was had.

DAKOTA - My daughter is getting married right over there! This makes me happeh. :D . . . Doesn't this make you happy, Bee?

BEE - Yeah, ecstatic. Now hush, Dakota, this biography isn't going to write itself.



Oblivious to her parents' comments, Apricot successfully exchanged rings and vows with April.



And a wedding kiss to seal the deal, as April Miller officially became April Spectrum.



APRIL - Bye-bye in-laws that I barely spoke to! I'm off to go enjoy wedding-night woo-hoo!

APRICOT - Hellz yes, let's get outta here.

And so they did, moving out into April's home with her family. No baby notifications yet, though I've gotten a few pop-ups mentioning how in love they are, so I have hopes that Apricot's Flirty trait and LTW won't sabotage the marriage, at least not any time soon.



And finally, as Winter fogged up the windows of the Spectrum home, it was time for the baby of the triplets and the heir to this Rainbow DITFT legacy to secure his own minion spouse. Norris Riffin was summoned to the house, and it amused me that he almost dressed in proper colors.



Norris was, as always, very happy to see his Monarch again. The past couple days of separation had been like torture.



MONARCH - Thanks for coming over so quick, Norris. I've been in desperate need of something from you for days.

NORRIS - Really? What's that?



*Glomp-Snog*



MONARCH - I also got you some ROSES! 

NORRIS - Yay flowers! I love flowers!



NORRIS - I'm so glad you chose me over my brother, Monarch. I never thought all of those phone-calls and love-letters and hours of spying on and staring at you from afar would ever pay off. I love you so much.

MONARCH - I love you too--wait . . . you spied on me? What?



MONARCH - Oh well, as creepy as that sounds, you're just too cute to be mad at.



MONARCH - As I predicted, I have won heirship to my family's Legacy. Being the new Evil Overlord Explorer, I require a partner to rule fiendishly at my side. I was hoping that partner would be you, Norris.

NORRIS - There's nowhere else I'd rather be than with you, Monarch.



MONARCH - I'm glad to hear it, because there's something I want to give you.



NORRIS - Oh! Um . . . I appreciate the thought, Monarch but you just became an adult today. Don't you think that's rushing things a little . . . ?

MONARCH - Not THAT, Norris! 

NORRIS - Oh, sorry. I just saw you hit your knees and I assumed . . .

MONARCH - No, no. That's for later.



MONARCH - No, right NOW I want to--oh sh*t I almost dropped the box!

He totally did. I LOL'd. So did Norris. It was ADORABLE. Clumsy sims FTW.



MONARCH - Norris Riffin, will you marry me and become my minion forever and ever and ever?



NORRIS - All my dreams are coming truuuuuuuue!



And so, Monarch happily put a ring on it.



And officially welcomed Norris into the household.



Suddenly, it became Summer Time again! Why you ask? Anticipating the swelling save-file due to the abundance of future traveling, the Spectrum family got moved into a fresh Appaloosa Plains file. 

Since it's now the official start of the Orange Generation, the house gets a remodel/makeover. Happy to say that all the paintings, portraits, motive mobiles and graves made the transition safely. Also, Norris came to the family with a motorcycle. It amused me, so I let him keep it.



A quick tour of the new rooms. This is the new living-room.



The new gym/study room.



The new kitchen/dining room--made with the new blueprint function and given a rainbow-redecoration overhaul.



Monarch and Norris' bedroom.



And the redone nursery, in the shade of the next generation, which will be Red!



And here we have an overhead shot for you to get an idea of the layout. Oriole's bedroom (in white) and Bumble Bee and Dakota's bedroom (in yellow) stayed pretty much the same so I didn't bother with new pics. And the three dark rooms are the bathrooms, for some reason their lights didn't turn on at that moment.



Norris gets his Orange Generation make-over and then sat down in front of the computer to start working on his Logic skill, as he needs it for his job at the Police Station.

Norris Riffin is a Genius, Brave, Friendly, ArtisticNight -Owl who loves Pop music, Hot Dogs and the color Lilac. His LTW is to become a Dynamic DNA Profiler, hence his job at the Police Station.



While the rest of the family gets settled into their newish home, Oriole gets sent out into the town to rebuy our real-estate--the grocery store and the journalism/business building, renaming them Spectrum Grocer and Diner, and Spectrum Offices and Steakhouse. 

While at the Grocery/Diner, we got a surprise appearance by Spongebob, his wife Talia and his eldest son Squidward. I hope Krabby's got a babysitter, wherever he's at . . . .



For some reason, Oriole, Bee and Spongey had fresh 2-Day Mourning moodlets for Alabaster. Sorry to break it to you, sweetie, but your dad's been dead for a while now . . . .

SPONGE - I just miss him so much! BAWWWW

Aww, bb!



Talia was quick to give her hubby some loving consolation. These two are very in-love, I constantly get positive pop-ups about them and their relationship.


SQUIDWARD - Oh FRACK! PDAs!! I hope we don't get busted by the cops!

PDAs aren't illegal, Squidy. You're safe. XD


Oriole was off to the business/journalism building and ran across yet another familiar face.

APRICOT - Do I know you? You seem awfully familiar?

ORIOLE - Nice, you've been out of the house for all of a day and you've already forgotten your grandmother. -_-

Despite what Apricot would have you believe, she DOES know who her grandmother is. I fought with my game all afternoon to make sure the family tree didn't get borked.



After getting the required 3 Logic skill points, Norris moves on to the weight bench to get an early start on that Athletic skill. This may or may not be a shameless excuse to pic-spam him . . . but I admit to nothing.



Bumble Bee has been working on Monarch's portrait, and was successful her very first try! It's a little dark, but I'm not going to quibble.



Then it was supper time, rare to see so many sims sit down to eat at the same time. Norris was on his way, but missed out for this shot. I was amused that they spaced themselves perfectly at every other stool.



BEE - OMP I LOVE PAINTINGGGGG!

Bumble Bee is apparently excited to get started on Norris' portrait. Spoiler though, it ended up all pixilated, so she'll have to try again later. XD



Norris didn't have time to pose for another one that night. Monarch had decided he wanted kissies, and Monarch always gets what he wants. Not that Norris had any complaints.



SO CUTE! We need a shipper name! Monorris? Norarch?



Monarch managed to sweet-talk his fiance into the bedroom. And we all know what sudden switching into PJs and that look means.



Sexytimez were about to be had.



And had they were. ^_^



There you have it! First chapter down! Join us next time for Monarch's very first traveling adventure, weddings, maybe some babies! Until then, Happy Simming!

_________________________



Generation Completion List - ( [X] indicates completed, strike-through indicates failure).


GENERATION 1 - The Farmer
  • Master the Gardening Skill [X]
  • Master the Fishing Skill
  • Max the Gardening Profession
  • No woohoo before marriage [X]
  • Grow one of every type of plant (Including meat, cheese and Omni) [X]
  • Complete LTW (Perfect Garden) [X]
  • Have at least one child of each gender [X]
  • Marry someone with the Loves the Outdoors and/or Green Thumb traits 
FINAL TALLY - 5/8


GENERATION 2 - The Journalist
  • Get married, woohoo, have kid(s) [X]
  • Max the Writing Skill [X]
  • Reach level 10 in the Journalism Career [X]
  • Partner into a business [X]
  • Write over 10 stories/reviews [X]
  • Complete LTW (Illustrative Author) [X]
  • Marry someone work related 
  • Buy an Ant Farm [X] 

FINAL TALLY - 7/8

GENERATION 3 - The Explorer
  • Visit all locations
  • Gain all Visa Levels
  • Master Photography Skill
  • Marry a Foreigner and have kids
  • Unlock all Tombs
  • Complete LTW (Seasoned Traveler)

PREVIOUS                                                                   NEXT

4 comments:

  1. Aww! So many weddings and so much love! *Tear*

    I vote Norarch :)

    Great chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I hope the romance spam didn't get repetitive, I tried to spice things up with the dialogue, lol. I think I'm leaning toward Norarch myself. :P Thankies for reading!!

      Delete
  2. Morris duh. ;) I can has rainbow pattern? @.@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! That is indeed a good idea. As for the pattern, I'm so terrible at keeping up with my links but I THINK this is where I got it from - http://www.modthesims.info/d/358190 ^_^

      Delete