Saturday, June 16, 2012

1.1 Founding Fathers

Welcome everyone! You've stumbled (by accident or design) onto my second attempt at a DITFT challenge. Ready to meet our founder? Here he is!

I give you *drum roll* Alabaster Spectrum! . . . and his faithful steed Atticus. Freshly 'planted' onto a 40x40 empty lot in the lovely Appaloosa Plains 'hood.

Alabaster - Where in the world . . . ?

Atticus - I have NO idea . . . 


Don't worry about the empty lot boys, we'll attend to that in a minute. For the rainbow part of this challenge, Gen One has been assigned the base color of white. Hence the overabundance of white in Alabaster's wardrobe, as well as his name. 


Al-a-bas-ter - (noun) A dense translucent, white or tinted fine-grained gypsum.


As per the layout of the DITFT, Generation One is dubbed 'The Farmer.' His goals are as follows; (we'll be coming back to this every so often, whenever Alabaster manages to complete something).

  • Master the Gardening Skill
  • Master the Fishing Skill
  • Max the Gardening Proffession
  • No woohoo before marriage
  • Grow one of every type of plant (Including meat, cheese and Omni)
  • Complete LTW (Perfect Garden)
  • Have at least one child of each gender
  • Marry someone with the Loves the Outdoors and/or Green Thumb traits


Quite a tall order to fill, but I think Al is up to the challenge.


Alabaster - Hurrrrr . . . garrrdeeeeen . . . .


Well, at least he's got some initiative . . . O_o




Now would be a good time to properly introduce you to our hunky founder, here. As one might expect he's a Green Thumb and an Angler who Loves the Outdoors, is Family Oriented and also an Equestrian. His favorite color is White, preferred music is Country and his favorite food is Fried Banana and Peanut Butter sammiches.


I've decided to go with the country cowboy theme with Alabaster, hence the Equestrian trait and the presence of his faithful steed, Atticus. By the by, his traits are Friendly, Obedient and Brave. This addition has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I'm finally able to play with horses on my new computer and I've been jonesing for any excuse to play with one for a while now.


*shifty eyes* Nothing at all . . .


Atticus will be Alabaster's primary means of transportation for the most part, so he gets to work maintaining his 'ride.'

Atticus - Aren't we supposed to have some kind of house or something . . . ?

Hold your horses (snicker!) I'm workin on it. -_-




BEHOLD!


Alabaster - . . . that's it? That's not a house! That's two walls, a fridge and a sleeping bag!


Welcome to Legacy Lawn Living, Al. You'll notice that I also provided Attie with some water and hay. It's a good thing the 'rent' on this lot is only 5 simoleons at this point, because they are now officially DIRT poor.




Some obligatory affection to start building their relationship. I'll just apologize in advance for the unnecessary horse spam. But SO CUTE!

Alabaster - Man, I dunno about all this Attie. Being a founder of a legacy challenge, having all this pressure. I don't know if I can do it . . .




Atticus - *snuffle/nuzzle* I'm sure you'll do just fine.


D'AWWWWWWEH!!!




Before heading out into town on business, Alabaster makes sure to spread some hay around so Attie has ample food supplies. Since he has NO riding skill, this once I'm letting him take a taxi.

Alabaster - Wow, not even half-way into the first chapter and you're already bending the rules?

Oh hush, you. More spreading, less jabbering. -_-




Of course, the Creeper Truck wastes no time in making it's first appearance.

'Ice-Cream' Man - Just one taste to get you hooked!


O_o




Alabaster successfully avoided the possible sugar addiction, heading out to the public library instead. Since we have no money, taking a class in gardening is impossible and reading a book is much faster than running all over town to find some seeds to plant. We need that first skill point to join the career at City Hall after all.




Al gets to work on that point. Meanwhile other neighbors start trickling in. Glad to see that Alabaster fits right in to this community, fashion-wise. ^_^




By late afternoon we had that oh-so-coveted skill point, and it was off to City Hall--conveniently right next door--to officially sign up as a self-employed Gardener.




One of the unfortunate downsides to the gardening profession is that it doesn't pay a whole heck of a lot, especially at first. Being a legacy founder--i.e. FLAT BROKE--we really need to get another source of income coming in. Plus, it's a legacy after all, and that means we need babies!


I did a Wiki Search of available females in Appaloosa and quickly found one I thought would be a fun addition. Twallan's map tags informed me she was currently at the Cat Park, so off we go!


Run, Al! Your future spouse awaits!




There she is! Everyone meet Oriole Bird, one of a pair of very quirky sisters in Appaloosa Plains. 

Er, Al? You ran right by her?

Alabaster - Give me a minute! I gotta work my courage up. 

Awww, he's shy! How cute!


As evening fell, Alabaster made Oriole's acquaintance.

Alabaster - Howdy. *hearty hand-shake*

Oriole - Um, hello.

Not the smoothest introduction ever, but it worked nonetheless.




He immediately rolled the wish to learn her sign, which I took as a pretty good sign overall. Sadly they're not compatible, but they weren't opposing either so *thumbs up.*




The 'Get To Know' interaction revealed that her favorite color is Lime Green. I never would have guessed from that outfit . . .




After a little bit of obligatory conversation, Alabaster threw in some preliminary flirts. Looks like they're being well received too, WOO!

Alabaster - You sure are pretty . . . .

Oriole - Yah, I know.




Oriole - But you're pretty hunky yourself, Al.

D'aww, I think they'll make a pretty cute couple. :D For now though, Alabaster is very sleepy and very hungry, so I had to cut this flirt-fest short.




Alabaster - Um . . . I know I don't usually ride in cars all that often, but I don't think this is how it's supposed to work . . .


Taxi rendering fail, LAWL.




Since he has no counter, let alone a stove, Al has to make do with a bowl of cold cereal. Which he eats on the toilet in true legacy fashion, but I forgot to get a screenshot of it. <--FAIL




After that, it was time for a well-deserved night's rest in his custom sleeping bag. One good thing about his forced lawn-living is he gets a great moodlet from it, loving the outdoors as he does. :D


Cheat Confession (I'll add these in from time to time) - I must confess that for the time being I'm Shift-Click-Deleting the used dishes until he can afford the sink. I'm very OCD about stinky dishes and I don't want to have a yard full. I'll save my ISBI for that torture.




*far off rooster crows*


Well good morning, Sunshine! Ready for your second day of existance?


Alabaster *YAWWWWWWN*


I'll take that as a yes.




A quick morning shower to help chase away the last of the sleepies . . .


*tries to not feel like a perv for watching him shower*


*FAILS*




Meanwhile Atticus is enjoying his second morning by rolling around on the ground. CUTE OVERLOAD, omg.




Atticus - I am adorable.


You are. You really, really are. <3!!




Quick Al! Get over here and give him the snuggles that I can't! 

Alabaster - I think I can manage that. :D






Okay, okay, enough horse obsession (for now . . .). Alabaster needs to get that garden started. Thanks to the free seeds he got for learning his first gardening skill point, we're able to do so this morning. 2 lettuce, 2 tomatos, 2 apple trees and a grape bush. Not a bad haul to get started.




That took all of about an hour, tops. With the garden's humble beginnings taken care of, it was time to work on his other primary goal.


Alabaster - Hey, Oriole. You want to maybe head on over to my place and hang out for a bit?


Oriole - Sure, I'll come over in a little while.


That was easy. I was expecting some resistance. Sweet.




Oriole shows up not long after that.

Oriole - This is his 'house?' . . . interesting.

It's a work in progress. -_-




Time to spam those romantic interactions. Unfortunately our luck starts to run dry, and Alabaster doesn't have as much luck as he did the night before. 

Oriole - Wait, who are you again?

Alabaster - . . . D:




Some worked, but he got a couple negative reactions so the visit was 50/50. I decided to have him spam friendly interactions instead and get her to move in first before we go back to the romance.

Alabaster - You're like a shooting star . . .

Oriole - I'm pretty sure I left the stove on at home. Crap.

Not long after that she left, saying she had somewhere she had to be. Oh well, Al, there's always tomorrow.




He spent the rest of the afternoon working on his riding skills, such as they were. For an equestrian sim, you look uncharacteristically terrified up there in the saddle, Al.


Alabaster - Leave me a lone, it's my first time! D:




Just Atticus eating hay the next morning. No other purpose for this picture at all. XD




Alabaster opens up the morning as he will for the rest of this legacy, tending to his little garden. We've got spouts now, woooo!




Once the garden was cared for, it was time to dial up Oriole and try our luck trying to get her into the household again. Luckily she readily agreed to come over, though I think she jumped right out of bed to do it . . . those sure look like pajamas to me. O_o




Turns out it was just her athletic-wear, apparently she likes being barefoot, lol.




Lots of friendly chit-chat, sharing jokes, gossip and secrets.




We were able to get up to Friend status before she had to suddenly leave again. Trying not to get nervous about this, but in my other legacies I've usually got my founder married with kids on the way by now . . . yah, I work fast. Lol Hopefully SP won't snatch her up before we can get her into the household. I've become quite fond of Oriole during these chat-fests.




Later in the evening, another Legacy founder milestone was reached . . . .


Alabaster - Not the toilet! Noooooooo . . . .




I have no idea why he's in his undies now . . . O_o Atticus stood by and watched the great porcelain bowl match-up of 2012. Happy to say that Al was eventually successful in unclogging it. Then it was off to bed for the both of them. 

Big plans for the morrow.




Thus concludes the first chapter of Generation One! Hope you enjoyed, comment if you wanna, I love feedback. :D




2 comments: