Saturday, June 16, 2012

1.2 You Light Up My Life (Literally)

Welcome back everyone, to the next chapter of The Spectrum of Life. 

We open up with this somewhat sad visual. Atticus has eaten through all of his hay and I don't have the funds to buy more, so he's having to graze off grass to stay fed. Which barely moves the hunger bar, so it's annoying as well as depressing.

Atticus - These flowers taste like sadness.

D:


And as if this sim morning wasn't shaping up to be frustrating all on it's own . . . .

Scumbag Raccoon - LAWL, I iz about to pwn ur trash can. U mad?

>:[


I can't afford the Wildlife Gnome right now and he knows it, the little bastard.


Scumbag Raccoon - O-hey! A trashcan!




BLAM!


*silently fuming*




Poor Alabaster had to pick up the mess after scumbag raccoon scampered away not long after.




Then it was back to the garden, which is coming along quite nicely. :D




Not harvestable yet, however, so we REEEAAALLLY need that extra money. To that end, our spouse-hopeful Oriole is promptly called over as soon as possible. Hopefully third time's the charm in getting her into the household.


Her interesting taste in wardrobe reveals that she is, in fact, (SPOILER ALERT) in the Criminal career track for those who didn't know already.




Oriole has quickly become one of my new most favorite sims. She pulls the craziest, most awesome faces all the time, I love it!


Oriole - Durr, wha?




Alabaster - So I was thinkin', Oriole. We just became Good Friends, right?


Oriole - Yeah?


Alabaster - How about you move in with me and Atticus and live with us from now on?


Oriole - On this mostly empty lot with only a sleeping bag, a fridge, a toilet and a shower when I currently live in a fully furnished house with my sister?


Alabaster - Um, yeah . . .


Oriole - Okay, sure! Sounds fun!


-_-;




Oriole - You're a heck of a lot nicer to look at than my sister.

Alabaster - Did she just come on to me, or . . . ?

No, I'm pretty sure she did. ^_^ Then we merged her into our household . . . and it COST me 10 simoleons. Really game? Really?! You usually GET simoleons for moving someone in! LAME!!!




Luckily however, Oriole happened to have a car and a book in her inventory that sold for around 2,000 simoleons, so that brief crisis was averted. Phew. Thus we were able to add a real bed, some counters, a stove and sink, a table and some chairs and some lighting to our little yard-home. Also, more hay for Atticus!




Now that she's officially part of the household, Oriole gets her Generation One makeover. I actually liked the general idea of her original everyday outfit, so I just recolored it into the appropriate color.




Her official introduction is as follows; She's an Absent-Minded, Clumsy and Easily-Excited Kleptomaniac, who despite all this finds herself getting rather Lucky from time to time. Her Lifetime Wish is to become a Master Thief, thus she is in the Criminal career track. Her favorite color is Lime Green, favorite music is Classical and her all-time favorite food is Key-Lime Pie.

Her absent-minded trait comes out a lot. And it's hilarious. 


Oriole - Wait a minute . . . what was I doing again? I know it had something to do with work . . .


She's currently standing outside the public gym, having forgotten why I sent her there. Also, please excuse/ignore the unrendered background. -_-



I sent her there to use the gym equipment, as she needs 5 points in the athletic skill for her job and I think she only has 2 at this point.

Oriole - I'm like the Flash! Woooooo!

Well I wouldn't go that far, but at least you're not falling on your face. So . . . win?


Elsewhere in town . . . 


Atticus - Hey Al, how come we're standing outside the Equestrian Center?


Alabaster - Well Attie, it's like this. We've already burned through the simoleons that Oriole brought, and the rent is due.


Atticus - Okay, but how does being here help-- . . . seriously? -_-


Alabaster - I'm afraid so, buddy.




Atticus - This is so demeaning.


Alabaster - I know, but take one for the team Attie ol' boy.




Technically speaking he 'left' one for the team, offering his Stud services for a decent payout of 550 simoleons. Not bad, Atticus!


Atticus - Never again. I am not your horsie whore. -_-



I'm pretty sure this is the grocery store, but I completely forget why I sent him here since he doesn't have any harvestables to sell yet and no money to really buy anything . . . <--memory retention fail.


Back on the home lot, Oriole is catching up on some sleep before her night shift as a Getaway Driver starts.


Atticis splashes around in his water trough, trying to forget the undignified things he was put through earlier in the day. C'mon, stop trying to make me feel crappy. Being a Stud horse is NOT that bad. >_<

Atticus - *defiant splashy splashy*


Alabaster makes them a group serving of Autumn Salad. Quick and easy to make and no risk of starting a fire. Win/win.




Oriole woke up from her nap, and promptly forgot where or what once again.


Oriole - Who? Wha? Why does my back hurt? I'm confused . . .


We can see that, dear.




Her carpool was due soon, so she changed to her 'work' outfit. Then went around to the 'bathroom' and started bawling her eyes out over the crappy light fixture.


Oriole - So *sob* ugly *sob* and dingy!


It's a LIGHT, Oriole. Not the end of the universe. I'd be more concerned about the lack of walls or a roof.




*Random Wild Deer appears*


Deer - Wassup!




Deer - Ohsnap! Humans! Gotta jet! *runs off*


Ooookay. Randomness is random.




And then a stray cat hopped up onto the bed to catch some Zzz's with Alabaster. I'd be more annoyed if it wasn't so darned cute.




The stray was long gone by the time Oriole finally got home from work. I say 'finally' because I had to force her home. Her carpool never actually came for her so I had to send her in manually. And then when her shift was finished she didn't cancel the action, it just stayed up indefinitely. Most annoying of all, however, is that when I cancelled the 'at work' action and sent her home, she never got paid for the night. And we REALLY need those simoleons.


Cheat Confession - I familyfunds'd them the amount she was supposed to make that night. Normally it wouldn't make much of a difference, but they really are poor as kirk mice at this point and I need all the simoleons I can get.


Oriole surprised me by readily climbing into bed with Alabaster. They're only Good Friends at this point, not actually romantically linked just yet.


In the wee hours of the morning, this officer ran across the far end of our lot. Uh  . . . what's goin on, guy?


Officer - No time! I must go, my people need me!


Later that morning, while Alabaster was tending to the garden, Atticus snuck over and ATE one of his lettuce plants. He wasn't even hungry. >_< I can't afford a fence right now to keep him out of it either.




Alabaster - Bad horsie! BAD!




Atticus - Awweh. I'm sorry. D:


OMG!! D: D: D: Now I feel like the most horrible person in the world. 




So I spent simoleons that I really didn't have and got Atticus the horsey ball. Hopefully it'll keep him entertained enough that he'll stay out of the garden for now.




Atticus - Umph.


SO. CUTE. OMFG.




Scumbag Mail Lady - You don't deserve to have mail in the box! *throws on the ground*


Stray Cat - Wow, what a bitch . . . .


Indeed. -_-




That's it for this installment! Join us next time as Alabaster finally gets to work on securing his chosen spouse. Will there be babies next time? Will Atticus eat more plants? Will I summon random meteors onto the postal workers of Appaloosa Plains? Check back and see!


PREVIOUS                                                          NEXT

4 comments:

  1. OMG. So cute! The stray cats and Atticus! So darn cute! <3
    Just a little money saving tip: When you buy hay for Atti, buy the biggest most expensive one there is which I think is 350 or 450? Because it never runs out of hay so you never have to buy more. :D
    Keep up the awesome work! *runs off to read 1.3*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, thanks for the tip! That'll definitely help. :D I'm glad you're enjoying this wittle story too, thanks so much for reading and commenting. :D

      Delete
  2. I wants to have Ali's babies! Or Atti's! Or at least see the result of Ali/Ori. Oriblaster? Aliole? (What is their couple name?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, he IS quite cute for a sim . . . I find myself guiltily staring . . . I think I like Aliole myself. ^_^

      Delete