Sunday, July 22, 2012

2.1 The Dawn of Yellow Begins

Here we are, folks! The official beginning of Generation 2 of The Spectrum of Life DITFT. The majority spoke (loudly) and voted first-born Bumble Bee as the heir with 14/14 votes. A pretty concise win.

I played the file right up to Bumble Bee's young adult birthday, so we're not wasting any time now that we've picked back up again.


Alabaster was sure to cheer his little girl on.


Mom was on hand to celebrate as well. Spongebob was at his after school activity, so he missed out.


Ta-daaaaah! I present you with your chosen heir, young adult Bumble Bee Spectrum. As promised, I gave her the Bookworm trait for her final, and she chose the Illustrious Author LTW as well. She's already level 8 on painting so she's pretty much half-way.


Bumble Bee - I won. U mad, bro?

Spongebob - Geez, you don't have to rub it in.

Poor Spongy. :<


After a dinner of pancakes and a little nap to refresh her energy for things to come, Bumble Bee put in a very important phone call.

Bumble Bee - Hey, Dakota! How about you come over to my house to visit?

Dakota - Yeah, sure, I'll be there in a little while.


Meanwhile there was a deer migration in the front yard . . . they were out for Al's plants too, luckily it's fenced in. Better luck next time, fellas!


All too soon, Bumble Bee's beau arrives. He's a couple days older than her, so he's been a YA for a while. And now he has his own car. Very nice. ^_^


Bumble Bee - What on earth are you wearing? . . . Well, whatever, as you can see I just had my birthday! So now we can date again without the creepy vibes!

Dakota - Sweet! *thumbs up*


Bee invited Dakota inside to continue their conversation, so all of the pictures won't be ruined. Here she is, inviting him to spend the night so he won't try to leave in the middle of our spam.


Dakota - Your house is awesome, I'd love to spend the night.

Photobombing Oriole - Don't mind me, about to use the potty back here. Carry on.

O_o


Dakota was putty in Bee's hands, so before long he was accepting her offer to officially move in.


And I finally got to make him over, OMG. Now officially part of the yellow generation, Dakota Fox's stats are as follows. He's an Easily Impressed, Athletic, Absent-Minded, Animal Lover sim who also Loves the Outdoors. He enjoys the color Turquoise, Cookies and Kids Music. His LTW is The Zoologist (collect 20 Minor Pets) and he's in the Sports career track.


Now that it's the yellow generation, the house gets a rebuild and a yellow make-over as well. I got a little too creative with the shape, I think. Oh well.


A quicky 3/4 view of the interior. I'm not going to bother giving a full house tour until I can afford to decorate and furnish all the rooms properly. I ran out of money before I was able to do everything that I wanted.


Dakota gets right to work in the new gym room, one of the few rooms that got it's own wall and floor design.


Bumble Bee is enjoying a hearty breakfast of some pancakes at the kitchen bar. She signed up for the Journalism career but managed to do so on the last day of the work week so she has to go through the weekend before she actually goes to her first day on the job.


Meanwhile she might as well get to work on that writing skill.


Well . . . that's not exactly a good sign is it. -_- *calls repair tech*


Oriole decided to play some online social games on the multitab. Why she decided to sit outside to do it, I have no idea. Perfectly good couches inside.


See? Dakota's putting one to use right now, watching some sports TV.


Spongebob entered a bridge building contest to determine the captain of the shop club. He won, of course, and got this golden saw plaque as a reward. Go Spongy!


I installed the ridiculously huge digital fish tank. Oriole is providing them some digital sustenance. They were digitally grateful.


The next morning, as both Bee and Dakota were off from their respective jobs, it was time to take care of some unfinished business.


Que up the romantic spam!

Photobombing Spongebob - Ph33r my MANTIES!

We do, dear. We do.




This spam was, of course, so that Bumble Bee could pop the proposal question.


Bumble Bee - Marry me?

Dakota - GASP!!!11!1!!!1


I'd say that happy dance means a yes. Just a guess, though.


I still love that "Eh? Eeeh?" face the proposal sims get. <--easily amused


The loving hug makes it official. Bumble Bee and Dakota are now engaged.


I don't do this interaction enough. It's very sweet. <3


The next day they decide to graduate from high-school. I didn't feel like going to City Hall though, so I had them graduate at home. Bee does so in the newly remodeled study/art room. She graduated with highest honors, voted Most Likely to Never Leave the House. How true that's proving to be . . . .


Dakota . . . graduated in the bathroom. -_- He graduated with a Fail (wtf?), and was voted Most Likely to be Mediocre. Ouch.


Their wall of achievements, in their bedroom.


Still off from work, I decided to have Dakota work on his LTW. I already have a collection helper for Alabaster's seeds, so something tells me this LTW is going to be ridiculously easy to achieve. At any rate, our first victim subject is this yellow-naped amazon parrot that was across the street.


Dakota goes over to make friends.


Luckily this guy was more than happy to be captured befriended. We named him School Bus.


Our next acquisition is this chipmunk, named Lemon Tree. I installed one of each type of small-pet cage in the house so Dakota can have a collection.


Our last friend made that day was this Texas Horned Lizard named Honeycomb.


Alabaster spent the afternoon having some quality time with Spongebob, fishing together. Spongy is waaaaay better at it than his father is at this point. Hence why Al's catching minnows and Spongebob is catching huge rainbow trout.


Bumble Bee successfully completed her own portrait. It took me forever to get a good shot of her. The study is way too small for this.


School Bus playing with his little bell ball thingy. I have to say, I'm rather impressed with the animations they gave big birds. I think I'll be having more of them on my lots from now on.


Another friend captured brought into the fold. This is a red-eared slider turtle named Banana. I was also right about this LTW being stupid-easy with the collection helper. Dakota is already 12/20 after only a day. -_- Oh well. One less thing for me to worry about.


Alabaster randomly decided to show Honeycomb the TV. O_o I let them watch together for a minute before I made Al put him back. I don't need Dakota crying over escaped pets.


Dakota has more important things to worry about right now.


Time for official first woo-hoo! No baby chimes yet, I want to wait for Spongy to move out first.



I had the Spectrums hire an official maid, now that the house is bigger and more sims are contributing to the mess. This is who answered the call. I shall dub thee Epic Beret Maid.


Oriole felt the need to down a glass of juice while Epic Beret Maid did some cleaning around the house.


And Spongebob . . . randomly decided to work out in front of the TV. Weird.


Later that day, I sent Bumble Bee and Dakota to the historic Hanging Tree park for a private wedding. I didn't feel like throwing a party at home. And besides, nothing says romantic wedding like a hanging tree. XD


Wedding Montage Commence!




Here we have it, officially Mr. and Mrs. Spectrum. And now they've both been given a couple days of to get settled in. So Bee STILL isn't going to work. FML -_-


Afterward they wanted to go see a movie. I sent them over, but for some reason Bee was the only one able to get inside in time. So I sent him out to do some laundry at the laundry mat instead. What a great way to spend his wedding night, eh?



Alabaster FINALLY got the option to try and revive dead plants. But he's only able to do it on dead Death Flower bushes? I don't get it . . .


Sadly, his first attempt was a failure. ;_; Oh well, better luck next time. Just plant the one you have in your inventory.


We'll close today with Spongebob feeding his new pet fish, a piranha named Patrick. :D


That's it for this chapter! Join us next time to see if Bumble Bee ever goes to her first day of work . . . until then, Happy Simming!

__________________________

Generation Completion List - ( [X] indicates completed, strike-through indicates failure).


GENERATION 1 - The Farmer

  • Master the Gardening Skill [X]
  • Master the Fishing Skill
  • Max the Gardening Proffession
  • No woohoo before marriage [X]
  • Grow one of every type of plant (Including meat, cheese and Omni)
  • Complete LTW (Perfect Garden)
  • Have at least one child of each gender [X]
  • Marry someone with the Loves the Outdoors and/or Green Thumb traits


GENERATION 2 - The Journalist

  • Get married, woohoo, have kid(s)
  • Max the Writing Skill
  • Reach level 10 in the Journalism Career 
  • Partner into a business 
  • Write over 10 stories/reviews
  • Marry someone work related 
  • Buy an Ant Farm 


PREVIOUS                                                          NEXT

2 comments:

  1. O.o Don't forget to buy a ant farm! LOL

    I love having pet Piranahs!! XD They're so cute with their big sharp teeth and stuff...

    Can't wait for the next chapter!! And to see babies!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheh, the next chapter addresses the ant farm. ^_^ Patrick the piranha definitely added some color to the house. Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete